Tuesday, July 31, 2012

NUFF Said! When kids come home

Nothing more special than when kids come home.  A house becomes a home, it shouts again with laughter, light hearted yackity-yack, a chance to cook a special meal for them, when kids come home.  I’ll just sit back and listen when they’re here.  I like to listen to their banter, back and forth as it may go.  Musical conversation!

I like to cook as best I can for them when they’re home.  It’s not just the taste, but the presentation.  A simple piece of toast, made to be a face comprised of hard boiled eggs sliced to have eyes, a nose and a smile, makes for a funny breakfast.  Gobble that down!  Can’t do much more than that.

Kids, these young adults, coming home have friends to hook up with.  It’s morning to midnight smiles for them!  I was the same at that age.  I probably spent less time with my folks during these visits then they do with me.  I like watching their smiles.  We’ll call that a good visit.
Every parent still sleeps just half awake till their kids come home, even when they’re grown.  Just what you do.  I always told them to say “Don’t shoot the burglar” when they open the door.  I’d probably have missed anyway!

The greatest times were younger years, when Ma and Pa were part of every event, when Ma and Pa got to watch it all, dance contests, high school plays, band concerts and all that fine special stuff!  Miss that.  Miss that dearly.  And now, it’s a time to wait for grandkids to do the same.
And now it’s time to watch grandkids do the same.  It’s what fills the vacuum of an empty nest.  Probably needs some other fillers.  Tough transition.  It’s what we do.  Gotta be what it’s gotta be.
Nuff said!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are highly encouraged to share your opinions and thoughts. Comments are moderated, and will not be posted until reviewed, anything that may be inappropriate for all ages will not be posted.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME WITH THE COMMENT OTHERWISE IT MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED.