Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shut In

A week ago Sunday (December 12) I had a feeling that  I had not been experienced. It was like I was closed in.

For the first time in the 22 years we have lived in our rural Mantorville development I could not get out. We were stuck. The road was too full of snow for even a four wheel drive to get out. I could have possibly taken the snow blower and blown a two wheel path to the end of the turn around in the cul-de-sac and reached a trail that had been made by another vehicle. But why? I did not have to be anywhere. Church and every other activity scheduled was cancelled.

The plow came through about mid afternoon and we were free again. Even though I did not have to be anywhere there was that trapped feeling. It was because of the fact I could not get out that bothered me-even though I did not have any place to be.

I don't know about you, but I do not like being confined. If I had been at home and the roads were open it would not have bothered me. It was the fact I could not leave that was the problem. Could this be a phobia?




No comments:

Post a Comment

You are highly encouraged to share your opinions and thoughts. Comments are moderated, and will not be posted until reviewed, anything that may be inappropriate for all ages will not be posted.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME WITH THE COMMENT OTHERWISE IT MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED.