Tuesday, December 6, 2011

DANGER: Trouble Spot

The other day I was driving past the Greenway Elevator and came to a complete stop at the stop sign. To my left were train cars, completely blocking my vision to the east. The only way I could see the main rail was to inch out on the side track, a mere few feet from the main one. If a train were coming at the exact wrong moment there is no way a person could react and stop in time.

In the last couple of days I took that route twice and each time held my breath as I  inched out and looked to my left. Can parking train cars like that be legal because it's anything but safe.

When the trains go through town they do sound the whistle before an intersection, but that still is no assurance people will have time to stop. It gives me chills driving through that intersection with the blind spot. I wonder if an accident/death has to happen until someone figures out the intersection is very unsafe in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are highly encouraged to share your opinions and thoughts. Comments are moderated, and will not be posted until reviewed, anything that may be inappropriate for all ages will not be posted.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME WITH THE COMMENT OTHERWISE IT MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED.