Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Letter to the editor: youth today

Letter to the Editor:

 I volunteered to help with the Red Cross Blood Bank at the Holy Family Church. During my shift most of the donors were young high school students.

It’s been many years since I’ve interacted with these young people. It was like taking me down memory lane with what I remember of our K-M class of 1956.

After donating blood it’s required to sit at a table and eat a snack and drink a beverage.
What a joy it was to listen to these young people interact with each other. Two young men told how they will join the Marine Corp. after graduation. Two students told how and where they had their hair colored. One young women came all the way from Spring Valley,MN.

Isn’t it a shame that most of what we hear and read about young people is usually on the negative side.
To these young people I say; ‘thank you’ for restoring my faith in the younger generation.
   
        Sincerely,
        Maggie Lien

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are highly encouraged to share your opinions and thoughts. Comments are moderated, and will not be posted until reviewed, anything that may be inappropriate for all ages will not be posted.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME WITH THE COMMENT OTHERWISE IT MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED.